Saturday, April 23, 2011

Final Report on PLN

screenshot of my personal learning network on symbaloo.com


This is a screenshot of my current PLN.  I have been changing it over time, but I have been setting it up for later use.  Right now there are only a few websites that I need to access, so I use Google Chrome which saves my top eight most visited websites.  My PLN is still a work in progress and I am sure that I will actively start using it more this upcoming fall semester.  

In the fall I will officially be in the education candidacy program.  I hear we will be making our own lesson plans and actively start teaching lessons to the class we are assigned to.  My PLN is now set up to better assist me with that.

As you can see from the picture above, I have kept a few personal favorites and added many educational websites as well.  I have my PLN set up in this order:

The top left (blue):
Here I have mostly my Google access and a few connections to the University of South Alabama.

The top right (orange):
I have collected some of my favorite Comments4Teachers' websites and posted them as quick links to visit again.  

The bottom left (orange):
These consist of friends' blogs and useful tools for classroom projects.  I have kept TimeToast and Flickr to use for my own lessons in the future.

The bottom right (blue):
This portion of my PLN has changed the most.  I have found nine excellent educational websites for kids.  I plan to use these and hopefully find more to add to this collection over time.

The white boxes around my Google Search are mostly websites I visit often for personal and school related information.  Most of them help to keep me current on new tools as well as entertainment news.  I feel it is important to use websites such as Woot.com and eBay because you may find good deals on things that you can use in your classroom.  I use Gizmodo and US Magazine to find out current stories and entertainment news that my future students may want to bring up in class.

There are many helpful tools and websites on my PLN, but I will continue to add and delete where necessary.  We are in a constant state of learning, so I hope to continue to find new and interesting things to bring to my students one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment