Saturday, March 26, 2011

Comments4Kids # 4,5,6


a logo of the word sassy

by a fourth grade student


PKA is a fourth grade student in Mr. Stephen Wolfe's class.   The assignment for this week was Thinking Stem #3.  The instructions for the student were to write about the book they were reading in this general order:

MODEL:
I am reading (name of story) by (author) In my story (tell me an event that is happening in your story).
This next part is the thinking stem. Next, use one of the starters below and write a sentence (or two or three) following the starter. A lot of you forgot this part last time! Make sure you include this too!
(I’m thinking… feeling,… seeing… noticing… or this reminds me of….)

My student, PKA, wrote about a book called Sassy written by Erick Lee.  The student gave good descriptions about how the book made him/her feel as well as how the character felt.  The theme of this book seems to be that a young girl does not like to read and everyone keeps forcing her to read the same book repeatedly so she will become a better reader.  I tried to find this book, but I was unsuccessful. 

I commented to this student letting him/her know who I was and where I go to school.  I told the student that they did a great job on the blog post assignment and to keep up the good work. 

This student had a few grammatical errors, but did a good job getting the main point across to the reader.  Also, he/she seemed excited to report what he/she had been reading for a while.  This is their class’s first year blog posting and they all seem to be doing very well.


The work animation made with different objects

by Marvin

Marvin is an eighth grade student in room 20 at the PT England School.  I have visited other student blogs from his school.  Marvin's assignment was to make an animation about one of his school's "Korero" which I found out is a type of discussion.  I am not exactly sure what his animation was about.  It looked like a person running and jumping in front of their school.

I left him a response asking him if this was his first animation.  I thought he did an excellent job on it either way.  I also asked him about his character and told him he did very good!  I still have not received a response back yet.


melting ice cream sundae

Rusty's Sickening Restaurant

by Theresa 


Theresa is in Ms. Engelhard's class. Her blog post was a letter to a restaurant owner.  She explained her negative experience that she had there with her father.  She insisted that he hire more help because the food was "foul" and the service was not much better.  I thought she did an excellent job writing a professional letter of concern.  I told her she did very well and encouraged her to continue blogging.  I also thanked her for sharing this experience with her readers.  


I was surprised to read such a well written letter from a fourth or fifth grade student.  Although there seemed to be no set assignment for her blog post, she conducted it in a very professional manner.  I would not be surprised if this was an actual letter she sent to this business.  Overall, I was extremely impressed with her blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment